Friday, October 5, 2007

Getting back on track

Since Tuesday I have been on a high, after that snatch test I really have been motivated to kick my fitness level up alot! So Wednesday my friend Roger and I met up at Morley Field and ran through an awesome circuit, here's what we did:


Stations for 1 min each/ 10- 15 sec between stations/ 1 min rest after entire round/repeat x4
We chose a different sequence each set, mixin' it up as much as possible...it was a killer but FUN!

  • 1/4 filled Keg Press (30 secs)/ shouldering (30 secs)
  • Single Leg DL (30 secs each leg)
  • Renegade Row w/16 kg (30 secs)/ KB Tri Push Ups (30 secs)
  • Medicine Ball slams
  • Swings w/ 20kg
  • Thai Rope/ Jump rope
  • A few wood chops and power roundhouse kicks on the shield to tie it all together in the end
*Made sure each side was always even in repetitions for all exercises


Thursday was rest day, I taught my new class time at Ginseng Yoga studio in the big room. It's makes so much more sense for my class to be in that room w the hard wood floors and great space for all the creative flows I like to work with as well as inversions and arm balances. It was a great turnout and the dark night sky due to the time change gave the class a very soothing vibe with the dim lights and tribal tunes.
Now all I need to do is get back into my own practice on a regular basis. YOGA is AMAZING, it truly HEALS on many levels, especially the HEART.

Today was KB Swing/ Snatch and Kickboxing workout in the park w Roger and OMG, it's been a long time. I can still remember training that way EVERYDAY and it has to be at least 6 months since I really trained kickboxing and I FELT IT!

If you don't use it, you lose it!

No comments: