Monday, November 5, 2007

Manic Monday

Why is it that some people are so driven by EXCUSES? If something isn't wrong they will find something to be wrong...
I am seriously tired of hearing so many excuses, it's like this...if you dont want to take care of your body, your mind, your spirit, your LIFE just say so AND stop finding some lame excuse to hide behind.
When is the TIME really going to come? When will you decide to take ACTION? When it's too late?
I don't get it. I mean, my life has NOT been a cakewalk by any means. BUT, I REFUSE to sit on my ASS and watch it just GO BY!
If you want something, you have to go out and GET IT. No one is going to take you by the hand and help you tiptoe around all the cracks.
There are so many people going out and making their life what they wish it to be...
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...
JUST DO IT!

"The future depends on what we do in the present." ~ Mahatma Gandhi



Today's workout:
#1
(w/the 16kg for swings and 8kg for TGU...still rehabing shoulder)
1 min 2 hand swings/
1 min TGU
X7 SETS TOTAL

#2
(Read Tracys blog today and was inspired to try part of it...all w/ the 16 kg)
12 1 hand swings/
rest 15 sec
repeat
X40 SETS TOTAL

#3
20 mins YOGA
hip opening, twists,triangle series, backbends and headstands.
FEELING GRRRRRREEEEEAT!
Law of attraction meeting tonight!..TOPIC up for discussion...Can you give your POWER away?

3 comments:

Howie B said...

Hi Jen, I hear what you're saying and think that it's difficult to understand, especially if you are a strong person, how others do not have the immediate stength and determination that we (the Strong!) assume is so readily available to be focused and used. We all probably have that strength within us, but many do not realize they have it, or do not have the self confidence or experience to bring it forth and act on it. And it can be particularly frustrating for someone who is strong to watch others not act, when we know its so "simple" to just make a change (speaking personal experiences). I think our biggest challenge is to realize that it is not that easy for everyone and we need to help them realize their ability and source of inner strength. And it can be a long, slow process. And we can't force it on anyone if they are not willing to accept it themselves, unfortunately. Life is tough and sometimes even moreso for the strong because we will tend to carry our own load as well as those of other who can't carry their own. Doesn't help us or them most of the time. But we gotta keep on pluggin' away. I like to think that any bit of positive change that I can help institute makes it all worth it, no matter how small. But that's just my two cents worth.

Franz Snideman said...

Nice training Jen!

jen-shaktifit said...

Howie,
You are absolutely right. I a just get carried away sometimes. I faught off alot of my own habits and body fat so I sometimes find myself expecting others to jump into it the way I did. Too bad there isn't a magic "just do it" pill I could slip into their water :)